What is an eVisa/electronic visa to Kenya?
It is a type of visa that allows you to enter Kenya. By submitting the form and attaching the required documents through the system, you will receive the result electronically by email. It helps travelers to save a lot of time from going to the Embassy or waiting in the queues at the borders.
- Each person must hold a valid visa while entering the country. Exceptions are the travelers with the age of 16 and below.
- The eVisa is designed for three different purposes. The required documents for each type of eVisa may be various.
- Therefore, you need to provide the materials accordingly. The prices for applying the eVisa are the same, which is 99 EUR per application.
- The processing time may take up to 72 hours.
Please note: The final processing time may take longer depending on the Department of Immigration of Kenya.
Evisa types and requirements
Tourist eVisa: This type of eVisa is suitable for tourists who plan to travel or visit friends and relatives in Kenya within 90 days of stay.
The eVisa is valid for 90 days since the date of approval. The passport copy and a personal photo are required to obtain a tourist eVisa.
Business eVisa: For business travelers who plan to attend meetings or exhibitions with 90 days of stay in Kenya are allowed to apply Business eVisa. The validity of the eVisa is 90 days, which means you need to use the visa within 90 days since the date of the issue.
The passport copy and a personal photo are necessary. A copy of the invitation letter from the company or a copy of the company registration should also be provided.
Transit eVisa: For travelers who plan to transfer through Kenya to other countries and would like to stay for a short period, not exceeded for 72 hours are welcome to apply the transit eVisa.
The eVisa is valid for up to 72 hours since the date of entry. Therefore, the planned entry date must be given while submitting the application form. A copy of the applicant’s passport, a personal photo, and the onward ticket are mandatory.
How to apply for e-Visa to Kenya
The applicant can submit the form on E-visa to Kenya to obtain an eVisa. The procedures are simple and there are three steps.
Click “ APPLY ONLINE FOR AN EVISA” to start the process. Next, please choose the purpose of visit and provide your travel details. In the second step, you will be asked to provide the required documents. Finally, make a payment online for your eVisa.
After application submission, you will receive a notification by email with your application number and the information about the processing time.
The applicant is required to out the approved eVisa and presents it at the borders in Kenya. Since you will be notified by email with your eVisa status and result, you need to make sure your email address in the application is one hundred percent accurate.
The benefits of using Evisa Express
- Your eVisa application will be processed within 72 hours by our specialists.
- The well-experienced team will verify the unclear information. Furthermore, you will be notified in case your documents do not meet the requirements or whenever there’s relevant information about your eVisa.
- Applicants can also use our website to track the status of the application or contact us by email, and you will get feedback from us within a few hours.
- If you have any questions about applying for your eVisa, you are always welcome to reach our multilingual customer service department to solve your issues.